Frequently asked Questions
- Where is Sazani Beach Located?
Sazani Beach Lodge is located on the North East tip of Zanzibar at the edge of Nungwi village.
View Larger Map
- How far is it from Nungwi centre?
It takes about 30 minutes to walk into the village, either along the beach at low tide, or by the road.
- How far is it from the Airport?
Sazani is 67 km from the airport. It takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to travel there by taxi.
- How much is a taxi transfer?
We can arrange a taxi transfer for you for $50. We can also do transfers from the Ferry terminal or Stone Town.
- Can you take the local bus?
The local bus (dala dala) number 116 travels from the centre of Nungwi village to Creek Road ( Darajani ) in Stone Town. You will need to take a taxi onward to the airport.
- What ferries travel to Dar Es Salaam?
Azam Ferries – http://www.azammarine.com
- What flights travel to Dar Es Salaam?
- Precision Air – http://www.precisionairtz.com
- Zan Air – http://www.zanair.com
- Coastal Aviation – http://www.coastal.cc
- What currency can I use in Zanzibar?
The Tanzanian Shilling TZS is used locally however USD are widely accepted. Please ensure that all USD notes are post 2004. Most hotels will accept major credit cards however there is a 6% charge levied by the bank.
- Are there any ATM’s in Nungwi?
There are no ATM’s in Nungwi however you can get cash exchanged. There are several ATM’s in Stone Town.
- Can I rent a car?
Cars can be rented from several hire companies in Stone Town. An international driver’s licence is essential in order to drive in Zanzibar.
- What activities are offered at Sazani?
At Sazani we offer Zanzibar massage, henna painting and hair braiding. We also offer yoga classes.
- What activities are offered nearby?
- We can help you to arrange scuba diving, snorkelling and kayaking from the best local providers at competative prices.
- Kite boarding hire and lessons can also be arranged from our beach during the wind seasons.
- We can also help you arrange local dhow cruises and sunset cruises or big game fishing, parasailing, banana boating or quad biking on request.
- There are also many land based activities such as village cultural tours, spice tours, Jozani Forest Tour or Zanzibar Stonetown Tours which we will gladly help you to arrange.